Molecular weight: MW of PEG was measured by MALDI-MS or GPC. PDI (polydispersity index) of our linear PEG is 1.02-1.05 with very narrow MW distribution. The number of repeating ethylene oxide units (CH2CH2O) or the degree of polymerization is calculated dividing the PEG MW by 44 (44 is the molecular mass of one repeating unit).
Solubility: Soluble in water and aqueous buffer, chloroform, methylene chloride, DMF, DMSO, and less soluble in alcohol, toluene. Not soluble in ether.
Density: PEG density is approximately 1.125 g/mL
Physical form: PEG products generally appear as white or off-white powder, and for very low MW linear PEG such as MW 1k or less, it may appear as wax-like, semi-solid material due to the low MW and the type of functional groups.
Storage condition: PEG product shall be stored in the original form as received in a freezer at -20C or lower for long term storage. Stock solution of PEG reagents that do not contain oxygen or moisture sensitive functional groups may be temporarily stored in a refrigerator or ambient temperature for multiple days. Stock solution should avoid repeated freeze-and-thaw cycles. See Documents section for detailed storage and handling conditions.
1) High-Resolution Single-Molecule Recognition Imaging of the Molecular Details of Ricin-Aptamer Interaction, J. Phys. Chem. B 2012, 5316-5322, Text.
2. Transport of nanoparticles through the blood brain barrier for imaging and therapeutic applications, Nanoscale, 2014, 6, 2146, Text.
3. New optical method for enhanced detection of colon cancer by capsule endoscopy, Nanoscale, 2013, 5, 9806, Text.
4. Single-Molecule Force Spectroscopy of the Aplysia Cell Adhesion Molecule Reveals Two Homophilic Bonds. Biophysical Journal 2012; 103: 649-657, Text.
5. The Effect of Nanoparticle Size on Cellular Binding Probability, Journal of Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics. 2012, 404536, Text.
6. Inducing Stem Cell Myogenesis using NanoScript. ACS Nano, 2015, 9 (7), pp 6909-6917. Text.
7. The effect of nanoparticle size on the ability to cross the blood-brain barrier: an in vivo study, Nanomedicine, 2017, 12(13), 0022. Text.
8. Investigating the Effect of Substrate Materials on Wearable Immunoassay Performance, Langmuir, 2017, 33 (3), 773-782, Text.
9. Versatile Macroscale Concentration Gradients of Nanoparticles in Soft Nanocomposites, Small 2020, 1905192, Text.
10. Evolution of near- and far-field optical properties of Au bipyramids upon epitaxial deposition of Ag, Nanoscale, 2020, Text.
11. Magneto-mechanical treatment of human glioblastoma cells with engineered iron oxide powder microparticles for triggering apoptosis, Nanoscale Adv., 2021, 3, 6213-6222, Text.
Click here to view an expanded list of hundreds of publications citing Creative PEGWorks products.