mPEG-Silane is a linear monofunctional methoxy PEG with a reactive tri-ethoxy silane group. mPEG-Silane with tri-methoxy is available by custom synthesis. Silane PEGylation is often useful to PEGylate glass and hydroxylated surface and particles.
Molecular weight: MW of PEG was measured by MALDI-MS or GPC. PDI (polydispersity index) of our linear PEG is 1.02-1.05 with very narrow MW distribution. The number of repeating ethylene oxide units (CH2CH2O) or the degree of polymerization is calculated dividing the PEG MW by 44 (44 is the molecular mass of one repeating unit).
Solubility: Soluble in water and aqueous buffer, chloroform, methylene chloride, DMF, DMSO, and less soluble in alcohol, toluene. Not soluble in ether.
Density: PEG density is approximately 1.125 g/mL
Physical form: PEG products generally appear as white or off-white powder, and for very low MW linear PEG such as MW 1k or less, it may appear as wax-like, semi-solid material due to the low MW and the type of functional groups.
Storage condition: PEG product shall be stored in the original form as received in a freezer at -20C or lower for long term storage. Stock solution of PEG reagents that do not contain oxygen or moisture sensitive functional groups may be temporarily stored in a refrigerator or ambient temperature for multiple days. Stock solution should avoid repeated freeze-and-thaw cycles. See Documents section for detailed storage and handling conditions.
1. Rapid mixing of sub-microliter drops by magnetic micro-stirring, Lab Chip. 2011; 11(19): 3313, Text.
2. Fluorinated Silicon Surfaces under Mixed Surfactants: Resistance to Nonspecific Protein Adsorption for Biosensing, Langmuir. 2009 Nov 3;25(21):12404-7, Text.
3. Biocompatibility, MR imaging and targeted drug delivery of a rattle-type magnetic mesoporous silica nanosphere system conjugated with PEG and cancer-cell-specific ligands, J. Mater. Chem., 2011, 21, 3037, Text.
4. MAP65/Ase1 promote microtubule flexibility, Mol. Biol. Cell, June 15, 2013 vol. 24 no. 12 1964-1973, Text.
5. Micropatterning neuronal networks, Analyst, 2014, 139, 3256-3264, Text.
6. TIRF assays for real-time observation of microtubules and actin coassembly: Deciphering tau effects on microtubule/actin interplay, Methods in Cell Biology, 2017, 199-214, Text.
7. A TIRF microscopy assay to decode how tau regulates EB™s tracking at microtubule ends, Methods in Cell Biology, 2017, 141, 179-197, Text.
8. Self-repair promotes microtubule rescue, Nature Cell Biology, 18,1054 (2016), Text.
9. Generic synthesis of small-sized hollow mesoporous organosilica nanoparticles for oxygen-independent X-ray-activated synergistic therapy, Nature Communications, 10, 1241 (2019), Text.
10. Holographic detection of nanoparticles using acoustically actuated nanolenses. Nature Communications, 11, 171 (2020), Text.
11. Preparation of Monodispersed Nanoporous Eu(III)/Titania Loaded with Ibuprofen: Optimum Loading, Luminescence, and Sustained Release, Inorg. Chem. 2021, 60, 12
Click here to view an expanded list of thousands of publications citing Creative PEGWorks products.