mPEG-SH is linear monofunctional PEG with a reactive free thiol, SH, cysteine, sulfhydryl, or mercapto group. Thiol selectively reacts with maleimide and novel metal surface including gold, silver, etc. mPEG-SH can be easily air oxidized to form a dimer via a S-S disulfide bond. The disulfide bond is reversible with reducing agents such as TECP or glutathione. PEG thiol reagents are thus useful for reversible PEGylation.
Molecular weight: MW of PEG was measured by MALDI-MS or GPC. PDI (polydispersity index) of our linear PEG is 1.02-1.05 with very narrow MW distribution. The number of repeating ethylene oxide units (CH2CH2O) or the degree of polymerization is calculated dividing the PEG MW by 44 (44 is the molecular mass of one repeating unit).
Solubility: Soluble in water and aqueous buffer, chloroform, methylene chloride, DMF, DMSO, and less soluble in alcohol, toluene. Not soluble in ether.
Density: PEG density is approximately 1.125 g/mL
Physical form: PEG products generally appear as white or off-white powder, and for very low MW linear PEG such as MW 1k or less, it may appear as wax-like, semi-solid material due to the low MW and the type of functional groups.
Storage condition: PEG product shall be stored in the original form as received in a freezer at -20C or lower for long term storage. Stock solution of PEG reagents that do not contain oxygen or moisture sensitive functional groups may be temporarily stored in a refrigerator or ambient temperature for multiple days. Stock solution should avoid repeated freeze-and-thaw cycles. See Documents section for detailed storage and handling conditions.
1. Gold nanorod-mediated hyperthermia enhances the efficacy of HPMA copolymer-90Y conjugates in treatment of prostate tumors, Nuclear Medicine and Biology 41 (2014) 282-289,Text.
2. Detecting protein adsorption and binding using magnetic nanoparticle probes, Sensors and Actuators B 160 (2011) 650-655, Text.
3. Intravascular photoacoustic imaging of exogenously labeled atherosclerotic plaque through luminal blood , J. Biomed. Opt. 17(10), 106016, 2012, Text.
4. Conjugation of antibodies to gold nanorods through Fc portion: synthesis and molecular specific imaging, Bioconjug Chem. 2013; 24(6): 878-888, Text.
5. Plasmon-Resonant Gold Nanoparticles with Variable Morphology as Optical Labels and Drug Carriers for Cytological Research, Proc. of SPIE-OSA/ Vol. 8801 880102-2,Text.
6. Multiwavelength photoacoustic imaging and plasmon resonance coupling of gold nanoparticles for selective detection of cancer, Nano Lett. 2009; 9(8): 2825-2831, Text.
7. Ranibizumab biosimilar/polyethyleneglycol-conjugated gold nanoparticles as a novel drug delivery platform for age-related macular degeneration, J. of Drug Delivery, 2017, 38, 45-50. Text.
8. Synthesis and characterization of pHLIP coated gold nanoparticles, Biochem. Biophyis. Reports, 2017, 10, 62-69. Text
9. Nanorod Mobility within Entangled Wormlike Micelle Solutions, Macromolecules, 2017, 50 (1), 406-415, Text.
10. Mild Hyperthermia Induced by Gold Nanorod-Mediated Plasmonic Photothermal Therapy Enhances Transduction and Replication of Oncolytic Adenoviral Gene Delivery, ACS Nano, 2016, 10(11), 10533-10543, Text.
11. The Effects of Temperature on the Assembly of Gold Nanoparticle by Interpolymer Complexation, J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 2021, 12, 5
12. Biopolymer Patterning-Directed Secretion in Mucoid and Nonmucoid Strains of Pseudomonas aeruginosa Revealed by Multimodal Chemical Imaging, ACS Infect. Dis. 2021, 7, 3
12. Au Nanobead Chains with Tunable Plasmon Resonance and Intense Optical Scattering: Scalable Green Synthesis, Monte Carlo Assembly Kinetics, Discrete Dipole Approximation Modeling, and Nano-Biophotonic Application, Chem. Mater. 2021, 33, 8
13. Large scale self-assembly of plasmonic nanoparticles on deformed graphene templates, Scientific Reports, Article number: 12232 (2021), Text.
14. Assessment of a Nano-Docetaxel Combined Treatment for Head and Neck Cancer. Onco 2021, 1, 83-94, Text.
15. Size Effects in Gold Nanorod Light-to-Heat Conversion under Femtosecond Illumination, J. Phys. Chem. C 2021, 125, 29
16. Effect of Polymer Chain Length on the Superlattice Assembly of Functionalized Gold Nanoparticles, Langmuir 2021, 37, 33
17. Multi-target electrochemical malaria aptasensor on flexible multielectrode arrays for detection in malaria parasite blood samples, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 349, 2021, 130812, Text.
Click here to view an expanded list of hundreds of publications citing Creative PEGWorks products.