mPEG-OH is methoxy (CH3O)-capped polyethylene glycol with one hydroxyl group. It is one of the most common PEG raw materials for further functionalization to prepare other reactive functional groups on PEG.
Synonyms: Methoxypolyethylene glycol, Poly(ethylene glycol) methyl ether, mono-Methyl polyethylene glycol. Methoxypolyethylene glycol has CAS Number 9004-74-4 or 9004744.
Molecular weight: MW of PEG was measured by MALDI-MS or GPC. PDI (polydispersity index) of our linear PEG is 1.02-1.05 with very narrow MW distribution. The number of repeating ethylene oxide units (CH2CH2O) or the degree of polymerization is calculated dividing the PEG MW by 44 (44 is the molecular mass of one repeating unit).
Solubility: Soluble in water and aqueous buffer, chloroform, methylene chloride, DMF, DMSO, and less soluble in alcohol, toluene. Not soluble in ether.
Density: PEG density is approximately 1.125 g/mL
Physical form: PEG products generally appear as white or off-white powder, and for very low MW linear PEG such as MW 1k or less, it may appear as wax-like, semi-solid material due to the low MW and the type of functional groups.
Storage condition: PEG product shall be stored in the original form as received in a freezer at -20C or lower for long term storage. Stock solution of PEG reagents that do not contain oxygen or moisture sensitive functional groups may be temporarily stored in a refrigerator or ambient temperature for multiple days. Stock solution should avoid repeated freeze-and-thaw cycles. See Documents section for detailed storage and handling conditions.
1. pH-responsive amphiphilic macromolecular carrier for doxorubicin delivery, Journal of Bioactive and Compatible Polymers, 2016, Volume: 32 issue: 1, page(s): 3-16, Text.
2. Modulating the Partitioning of Microparticles in a Polyethylene Glycol (PEG)-Dextran (DEX) Aqueous Biphasic System by Surface Modification, Coatings 2018, 8(3), 85; Text.
3. Selective sorting of polymers with different terminal groups using metal-organic frameworks. Nature Communications 9.1 (2018): 3635, Text.
4. Large and Giant Unilamellar Vesicle(s) Obtained by Self-Assembly of Poly(dimethylsiloxane)-bpoly(ethylene oxide) Diblock Copolymers, Membrane Properties and Preliminary Investigation of their Ability to Form Hybrid Polymer/Lipid Vesicles, Polymers 2019, 11, 2013; Text.
5. Versatile Macroscale Concentration Gradients of Nanoparticles in Soft Nanocomposites, Small 2020, 1905192, Text.
6. A novel diclofenac-hydrogel conjugate system for intraarticular sustained release: Development of 2-pyridylamino-substituted 1-phenylethanol (PAPE) and its derivatives as tunable traceless linkers, 2020, Text.
7. Enzymatic protection and biocompatibility screening of enzyme-loaded polymeric nanoparticles for neurotherapeutic applications, Biomaterials, 2020, Text.
8. Guanidine-phosphate interactions stabilize polyion complex micelles based on flexible catiomers to improve mRNA delivery, European Polymer Journal (2020), Text.
9. Supramolecular assembly of rifampicin and PEGylated PAMAM dendrimer as a novel conjugate for tuberculosis, Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology, 2021, 102773, Text.
Click here to view an expanded list of hundreds of publications citing Creative PEGWorks products.