mPEG-FITC is a linear monofunctional PEG reagent with a fluorescein dye. Fluorescein (FITC) is a common fluorescent tracer in biology for staining cells, tissues, biomarkers or nanoparticles. It has peak absorption or excitation at 494 nm and maximum emission at 521 nm. Fluorescent PEG is common for PEGylation to label or tag biomolecules and nanoparticles with dye and tracer.
Molecular weight: MW of PEG was measured by MALDI-MS or GPC. PDI (polydispersity index) of our linear PEG is 1.02-1.05 with very narrow MW distribution. The number of repeating ethylene oxide units (CH2CH2O) or the degree of polymerization is calculated dividing the PEG MW by 44 (44 is the molecular mass of one repeating unit).
Solubility: Soluble in water and aqueous buffer, chloroform, methylene chloride, DMF, DMSO, and less soluble in alcohol, toluene. Not soluble in ether.
Density: PEG density is approximately 1.125 g/mL
Physical form: PEG products generally appear as white or off-white powder, and for very low MW linear PEG such as MW 1k or less, it may appear as wax-like, semi-solid material due to the low MW and the type of functional groups.
Storage condition: PEG product shall be stored in the original form as received in a freezer at -20C or lower for long term storage. Stock solution of PEG reagents that do not contain oxygen or moisture sensitive functional groups may be temporarily stored in a refrigerator or ambient temperature for multiple days. Stock solution should avoid repeated freeze-and-thaw cycles. See Documents section for detailed storage and handling conditions.
1. Self-Healing Hydrogel Pore-Filled Water Filtration Membranes, Environ. Sci. Technol., 2017, 51 (2), pp 905â€“913, Text.
2. Three Regimes of Polymer Surface Dynamics under Crowded Conditions, Macromolecules, 2018, 51 (3), pp 1207â€“1214, Text.
3. Impact of macromolecular crowding on RNA/spermine complex coacervation and oligonucleotide compartmentalization. Soft matter. 2018. Text.
4. Three Regimes of Polymer Surface Dynamics under Crowded Conditions. Macromolecules. 2018 Jan 24. Text.
5. The Persistence-Inducing Toxin HokB Forms Dynamic Pores That Cause ATP Leakage. mBio 9.4 (2018): e00744-18, Text.
6. Elucidating the kinetics of sodium fluorescein for fluorescence-guided surgery of glioma. Journal of Neurosurgery (2018): 1-11, Text.
7. Developing a novel hyperspectral imaging cryomacrotome for whole body fluorescence imaging, Proc. SPIE 11219, 2020, Text.
8. Evaluating uptake of multiple fluorescent contrast agents in brain tumors simultaneously using whole animal multi-spectral cryo-imaging”, Proc. SPIE 11219, Visualizing and Quantifying Drug Distribution in Tissue IV, 112190I, 2020, Text.
9. Hyperspectral imaging and spectral unmixing for improving whole-body fluorescence cryo-imaging, Biomedical Optics Express, 2021, Text.
10. A hyperspectral approach for recovering agent excretion biodistributions using whole-body fluorescence cryo-imaging, Proc. SPIE 11625, Molecular-Guided Surgery: Molecules, Devices, and Applications VII, 116250P (5 March 2021); Text.
Click here to view an expanded list of hundreds of publications citing Creative PEGWorks products.