MAL-PEG-COOH is a linear heterobifunctional PEG reagent with a maleimide (MAL) and a carboxylic acid. It is a useful crosslinking reagent with a PEG spacer. Maleimide reacts with thiol, SH, sulfhydryl or mercapto, and carboxyl group can react with amine or hydroxyl under standard acid/amine or acid/alcohol coupling conditions. Maleimide contains a reactive C=C double bond and is light or oxygen sensitive.
Molecular weight: MW of PEG was measured by MALDI-MS or GPC. PDI (polydispersity index) of our linear PEG is 1.02-1.05 with very narrow MW distribution. The number of repeating ethylene oxide units (CH2CH2O) or the degree of polymerization is calculated dividing the PEG MW by 44 (44 is the molecular mass of one repeating unit).
Solubility: Soluble in water and aqueous buffer, chloroform, methylene chloride, DMF, DMSO, and less soluble in alcohol, toluene. Not soluble in ether.
Density: PEG density is approximately 1.125 g/mL
Physical form: PEG products generally appear as white or off-white powder, and for very low MW linear PEG such as MW 1k or less, it may appear as wax-like, semi-solid material due to the low MW and the type of functional groups.
Storage condition: PEG product shall be stored in the original form as received in a freezer at -20C or lower for long term storage. Stock solution of PEG reagents that do not contain oxygen or moisture sensitive functional groups may be temporarily stored in a refrigerator or ambient temperature for multiple days. Stock solution should avoid repeated freeze-and-thaw cycles. See Documents section for detailed storage and handling conditions.
1. Polyion complex micelles composed of pegylated polyasparthydrazide derivatives for siRNA delivery to the brain. Journal of colloid and interface science 447 (2015): 8-15. Text.
2. Efficient Lymph Node-Targeted Delivery of Personalized Cancer Vaccines with Reactive Oxygen Species-Inducing Reduced Graphene Oxide Nanosheets, ACS Nano, 2020, Text.
3. Gamma estimator of Jarzynski equality for recovering binding energies from noisy dynamic data sets, Nature Communications volume 11, Article number: 5517 (2020), Text.
4. THERAPEUTIC VITAMIN D CONJUGATES, United States Patent Application 20210008153, Text.
5. Efficacy of Targeted ECO/miR-200c Nanoparticles for Modulating Tumor Microenvironment and Treating Triple Negative Breast Cancer as Non-invasively Monitored by MR Molecular Imaging, Pharmaceutical Research volume 38, pages1405–1418 (2021), Text.
Click here to view an expanded list of hundreds of publications citing Creative PEGWorks products.