Biotin-PEG-Silane is a linear heterobifunctional PEG reagent with a biotin and an silane. It is a useful crosslinking or bioconjugation reagent with a PEG spacer. Biotin can bind to avidin and streptavidin with high specificity and affinity. Silane can be used to react with glass, silica, or other hydroxylated particle surface.
Molecular weight: MW of PEG was measured by MALDI-MS or GPC. PDI (polydispersity index) of our linear PEG is 1.02-1.05 with very narrow MW distribution. The number of repeating ethylene oxide units (CH2CH2O) or the degree of polymerization is calculated dividing the PEG MW by 44 (44 is the molecular mass of one repeating unit).
Solubility: Soluble in water and aqueous buffer, chloroform, methylene chloride, DMF, DMSO, and less soluble in alcohol, toluene. Not soluble in ether.
Density: PEG density is approximately 1.125 g/mL
Physical form: PEG products generally appear as white or off-white powder, and for very low MW linear PEG such as MW 1k or less, it may appear as wax-like, semi-solid material due to the low MW and the type of functional groups.
Storage condition: PEG product shall be stored in the original form as received in a freezer at -20C or lower for long term storage. Stock solution of PEG reagents that do not contain oxygen or moisture sensitive functional groups may be temporarily stored in a refrigerator or ambient temperature for multiple days. Stock solution should avoid repeated freeze-and-thaw cycles. See Documents section for detailed storage and handling conditions.
1. Biotinylation of Hydroxylated Surface – MAP65/Ase1 promote microtubule flexibility, Mol. Biol. Cell, June 15, 2013 vol. 24 no. 12 1964-1973, Text.
2. Motor axon navigation relies on Fidgetin-like 1â€“driven microtubule plus end dynamics. J Cell Biol 217.5 (2018): 1719-1738. Text.
3. Holographic detection of nanoparticles using acoustically actuated nanolenses. Nature Communications, 11, 171 (2020), Text.
4. MAP6 is an intraluminal protein that induces neuronal microtubules to coil, Sci. Adv. 2020; 6 : eaaz4344, Text.
5. Kinesin-6 Klp9 orchestrates spindle elongation by regulating 2 microtubule sliding and growth, bioRxiv Cell Biology, 2021, Text.
Click here to view an expanded list of hundreds of publications citing Creative PEGWorks products.