Amine-PEG-Amine is a linear bifunctional PEG crosslinking reagent with a reactive primary amine or NH2 group. Amine rapidly reacts with activated carboxylic acid such as NHS ester to form stable amide bonds. Amine also reacts with aldehyde, carbonyl forming hydrolytically reversible imine. Further chemical reduction converts imine to stable secondary amine.
Molecular weight: MW of PEG was measured by MALDI-MS or GPC. PDI (polydispersity index) of our linear PEG is 1.02-1.05 with very narrow MW distribution. The number of repeating ethylene oxide units (CH2CH2O) or the degree of polymerization is calculated dividing the PEG MW by 44 (44 is the molecular mass of one repeating unit).
Solubility: Soluble in water and aqueous buffer, chloroform, methylene chloride, DMF, DMSO, and less soluble in alcohol, toluene. Not soluble in ether.
Density: PEG density is approximately 1.125 g/mL
Physical form: PEG products generally appear as white or off-white powder, and for very low MW linear PEG such as MW 1k or less, it may appear as wax-like, semi-solid material due to the low MW and the type of functional groups.
Storage condition: PEG product shall be stored in the original form as received in a freezer at -20C or lower for long term storage. Stock solution of PEG reagents that do not contain oxygen or moisture sensitive functional groups may be temporarily stored in a refrigerator or ambient temperature for multiple days. Stock solution should avoid repeated freeze-and-thaw cycles. See Documents section for detailed storage and handling conditions.
1. Development of a Generic Anti-PEG Antibody Assay Using BioScale Acoustic Membrane MicroParticle Technology. The AAPS journal (2015): 1-6. Text.
2. Understanding selective molecular recognition in integrated carbon nanotube polymer sensors by simulating physical analyte binding on carbon nanotube polymer scaffolds. Soft matter 10.32 (2014): 5991-6004. Text
3. Nanoparticle-templated molecular recognition platforms for detection of biological analytes. Curr. Protoc. Chem. Biol. 2016, 8:197–223. Text.
4. Engineering a Long Lasting Tethered, Multimeric Human Growth Hormone Protein to Improve Pharmacokinetic Half-Life and Potency, J Proteomics Bioinform 2019, 12:3, DOI: 10.4172/0974-276X.1000497
5. Pulsed focused ultrasound lowers interstitial fluid pressure and increases nanoparticle delivery and penetration in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma xenograft tumors, Ohysics in Medidine & Biology, 2020, Text.
6. DNA-based fluorescent probes of NOS2 activity in live brains, PNAS, 2020, Text.
7. Neutrophil Extracellular Traps Increase Airway Mucus Viscoelasticity and Slow Mucus Particle Transit, AJRCMB, 2020, Text.
Click here to view an expanded list of hundreds of publications citing Creative PEGWorks products.