Acrylate-PEG-Acrylate is a linear bifunctional crosslinking PEG reagent with two acrylate ( AC ) groups that can be used for radical initiator induced polymerization or UV light sensitive photopolymerization. It is often used to form crosslinked polymer network and prepare PEG hydrogel. Methacrylate-PEG-methacrylate is provided through our custom synthesis service. 4-Methoxyphenol or MeHQ at ~ 200 ppm is added as inhibitors.
Molecular weight: MW of PEG was measured by MALDI-MS or GPC. PDI (polydispersity index) of our linear PEG is 1.02-1.05 with very narrow MW distribution. The number of repeating ethylene oxide units (CH2CH2O) or the degree of polymerization is calculated dividing the PEG MW by 44 (44 is the molecular mass of one repeating unit).
Solubility: Soluble in water and aqueous buffer, chloroform, methylene chloride, DMF, DMSO, and less soluble in alcohol, toluene. Not soluble in ether.
Density: PEG density is approximately 1.125 g/mL
Physical form: PEG products generally appear as white or off-white powder, and for very low MW linear PEG such as MW 1k or less, it may appear as wax-like, semi-solid material due to the low MW and the type of functional groups.
Storage condition: PEG product shall be stored in the original form as received in a freezer at -20C or lower for long term storage. Stock solution of PEG reagents that do not contain oxygen or moisture sensitive functional groups may be temporarily stored in a refrigerator or ambient temperature for multiple days. Stock solution should avoid repeated freeze-and-thaw cycles. See Documents section for detailed storage and handling conditions.
1. Thiol PEGylation of siRNA – Methods and Compositions for Improved Therapeutic Effects with siRNA, Patent US20080311040 A1, Text.
2. PEG Hydrogel- Bioartificial matrices for therapeutic vascularization, Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2010; 107(8): 3323â€“3328, Text.
3. PEG Hydrogel – Reductively Responsive siRNA-Conjugated Hydrogel Nanoparticles for Gene Silencing, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2012, 134 (17), pp 7423â€“7430, Text.
4. Photocrosslinkable laminin-functionalized polyethylene glycol hydrogel for intervertebral disc regeneration, Acta Biomaterialia 10 (2014) 1102â€“1111, Text.
5. Hydrogel network design using multifunctional macromers to coordinate tissue maturation in ovarian follicle culture. Biomaterials 32.10 (2011): 2524-2531, Text
6. Multiplexed Dosing Assays by Digitally Definable Hydrogel Volumes. Adv. Healthcare Mater.,2016, 5: 244â€“254. doi:10.1002/adhm.201500542. Text
7. Microfluidic fabrication of bioactive microgels for rapid formation and enhanced differentiation of stem cell spheroids. Acta Biomater. 2016 Apr 1;34:125-132. Text
8. Microstructural alterations of sputum in cystic fibrosis lung disease, JCI Insight, 2016;1(18):e88198, Text.
9. Interfacial Coating Method for Amine-Rich Surfaces using Poly(ethylene glycol) Diacrylate Applied to Bioprosthetic Valve Tissue Models, ACS Appl. Bio Mater. 2020, DOI: 10.1021/acsabm.9b00911
Click here to view an expanded list of hundreds of publications citing Creative PEGWorks products.