8-Arm PEG-MAL is a multiarmed PEG derivative with maleimide at each terminal of the eight arms connected to one hexaglycerol core. Maleimide selectively reacts with free thiol, SH, sulfhydryl, or mercapto group via Michael addition to form a stable thioether bond. 8-Arm PEG-MAL is for site specific protein and peptide modification. Hydroquinone at ~ 200 ppm may be added as inhibitors.
Molecular weight: 8-Arm PEG MW refers to the MW of the entire PEG molecule. The MW of each arm is 1/8 of the MW indicated in the product name. MW of PEG was measured by MALDI-MS or GPC. PDI (polydispersity index) of our 8-Arm PEG is 1.02-1.06 with very narrow MW distribution. The number of repeating ethylene oxide units (CH2CH2O) or the degree of polymerization is calculated dividing the PEG MW by 44 (44 is the molecular mass of one repeating unit).
Solubility: Soluble in water and aqueous buffer, chloroform, methylene chloride, DMF, DMSO, and less soluble in alcohol, toluene. Not soluble in ether.
Density: PEG density is approximately 1.125 g/mL
Physical form: PEG products generally appear as white or off-white powder, and for certain special 8-arm PEGs, it may appear as wax-like, semi-solid material due to low MW and the type of functional groups.
Storage condition: PEG product shall be stored in the original form as received in a freezer at -20C or lower for long term storage. Stock solution of PEG reagents that do not contain oxygen or moisture sensitive functional groups may be temporarily stored in a refrigerator or ambient temperature for multiple days. Stock solution should avoid repeated freeze-and-thaw cycles. See Documents section for detailed storage and handling conditions.
1. Digital Protein Analysis: Technologies for Protein Diagnostics and Proteomics through Single-Molecule Detection. (2011) Text.
2. Tuning the thermosensitive properties of hybrid collagen peptide-polymer hydrogels, Chem. Commun., 2014, 50, 8174-8176, Text. Experimental details in SI. 3.
3. Injectable, guest-host assembled polyethylenimine hydrogel for siRNA delivery, Biomacromolecules, 2017, Text.
4. Inside-Out PEGylation of Bovine b -Cross-Linked Hemoglobin, Artificial Organs, 2017, 41, 4, 2017, 351-358, Text.
5. Adhesion of Blood Clots Can Be Enhanced When Copolymerized with a Macromer That Is Crosslinked by Coagulation Factor XIIIa, Biomacromolecules, 2016, 17 (6), pp 2248-2252, Text.
6. Control of adhesive ligand density for modulation of nucleus pulposus cell phenotype, Biomaterials, 2020, 10.1016/j.biomaterials.2020.120057
7. Peptide Spiders: Peptide Polymer Conjugates to Traffic Nucleic Acids, Mol. Pharmaceutics 2020, 10.1021/acs.molpharmaceut.0c00714
8. Development of a library of laminin-mimetic peptide hydrogels for control of nucleus pulposus cell behaviors, J Tissue Eng. 2021 Jan-Dec; 12: 20417314211021220. Text.
9. Bioactive in situ crosslinkable polymer-peptide hydrogel for cell delivery to the intervertebral disc in a rat model, Acta Biomaterialia, 2021, 117-127, Text.
Click here to view an expanded list of hundreds of publications citing Creative PEGWorks products.