Molecular weight: MW of PEG was measured by MALDI-MS or GPC. PDI (polydispersity index) of our linear PEG is 1.02-1.05 with very narrow MW distribution. The number of repeating ethylene oxide units (CH2CH2O) or the degree of polymerization is calculated dividing the PEG MW by 44 (44 is the molecular mass of one repeating unit).
Solubility: Soluble in water and aqueous buffer, chloroform, methylene chloride, DMF, DMSO, and less soluble in alcohol, toluene. Not soluble in ether.
Density: PEG density is approximately 1.125 g/mL
Physical form: PEG products generally appear as white or off-white powder, and for very low MW linear PEG such as MW 1k or less, it may appear as wax-like, semi-solid material due to the low MW and the type of functional groups.
Storage condition: PEG product shall be stored in the original form as received in a freezer at -20C or lower for long term storage. Stock solution of PEG reagents that do not contain oxygen or moisture sensitive functional groups may be temporarily stored in a refrigerator or ambient temperature for multiple days. Stock solution should avoid repeated freeze-and-thaw cycles. See Documents section for detailed storage and handling conditions.
1. ScVEGF-PEG-HBED-CC and scVEGF-PEG-NOTA conjugates: comparison of easy-to-label recombinant proteins for [68 Ga] PET imaging of VEGF receptors in angiogenic vasculature. Nuclear medicine and biology 37.4 (2010): 405-412. Text
2. Treatment of glioma by cisplatin-loaded nanogels conjugated with monoclonal antibodies against Cx43 and BSAT1. Drug delivery 0 (2014): 1-10. Text
3. Red Fluorescent Zinc Oxide Nanoparticle: A Novel Platform for Cancer Targeting. ACS applied materials & interfaces 7.5 (2015): 3373-3381. Text
4. Intrinsically Germanium-69-Labeled Iron Oxide Nanoparticles: Synthesis and In Vivo Dual-Modality PET/MR Imaging .Adv Mater. 2014 Aug 13;26(30):5119-23. Text.
5. Minimizing the non-specific binding of nanoparticles to the brain enables active targeting of Fn14-positive glioblastoma cells. Biomaterials 42 (2015): 42-51. Text
6. Targeted siRNA Nanoparticles for Mammary Carcinoma Therapy, Cancers (Basel). 2019 Apr; 11(4):442. Text.
7. Blood component ridable and CD44 receptor targetable nanoparticles based on a maleimide-functionalized chondroitin sulfate derivative, Carbohydrate Polymers, 2019, 115568, Text.
8. Simple strategy for single-chain fragment antibody-conjugated probe construction, Life Sciences Volume 239, 2019, 117052, doi: 10.1016/j.lfs.2019.117052
9. Decreased nonspecific adhesivity, receptor-targeted therapeutic nanoparticles for primary and metastatic breast cancer, Sci. Adv. 2020; 6 : eaax3931, 2020, DOI: 10.1126/sciadv.aax3931
10. Zn-based physiometacomposite nanoparticles: distribution, tolerance, imaging, and antiviral and anticancer activity, Nanomedicine, 2021, Text.
Click here to view an expanded list of thousands of publications citing Creative PEGWorks products.