PEG-PLGA can be dissolved in a range of common organic solvents depending on its composition especially the L to G ratio and the total PLGA MW. As the MW goes up and the content of G goes up, its solubility gets poor in common organic solvent. Typically PEG-PLGA at lower MW or greater L content can be dissolved in chlorinated solvents, such as dichloromethane or chloroform much easier, and sometimes in water-miscible solvents, like acetone, acetonitrile and THF depending on the total MW. PEG-PLGA with a higher amount of G is better dissolved by fluorinated solvents, like hexafluoroisopropanol and perfluoroacetone.
1. Inhibition of Karyopherin beta 1 suppresses prostate cancer growth, Nature Oncogene, 2019, Text.
2. Strategies to enhance the distribution of nanotherapeutics in the brain, Journal of Controlled Release, 2017, 10.1016/j.jconrel.2017.07.028, Text.
3. Indocyanine Green J Aggregates in Polymersomes for Near-Infrared Photoacoustic Imaging, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2019, 11, 50, 46437-46450, Text.
4. Biodegradable long-circulating polymeric nanospheres. Science 1994;363:1600-3, Text.
5. Fabrication of tunable, high-molecular-weight polymeric nanoparticles via ultrafast acoustofluidic micromixing, Lab Chip, 2021,21, 2453-2463, Text.
Click here to view an expanded list of hundreds of publications citing Creative PEGWorks products.